Friday, December 16, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!

I leave tomorrow (Sunday) for Morocco for 2 months! I am really excited about the plans God has for me there. Everyone on my team got there outreach funds in, so that is a huge praise! Each team-member and our leader ,Kent, has become my family in one way or another. The word (Whanau) in the picture above means "Family" in Maori.  The last couple of weeks during lecture phase I have learned a lot about the Holy Spirit and gifts the Holy Spirit gives to us. I want to take the gift of giving that I have to Morocco and share it with the people there. The first couple weeks we will be in a boy's home (orphanage) and then the rest of the time we will be talking with backpackers and other travellers about God and Jesus. It is a bit scary going to an all Muslim country and being conscious of their cultural habits. I trust that God will keep us safe in all situations and we can share the love He has for us, to them. Thank you for all your prayers and support over the last 2 and a half months and the continual 2 months. Here are some prayer requests we need during outreach:
-We would continue to have unity within our team and be able to communicate any worries with each other
-Safety over our travel time
-Protection from any sickness or health problems
-The people in Morocco would be open to us talking with them & we would be aware of their culture and respect that.

May you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year with friends and family.

~Amy

1 comment:

  1. So Excited for you Amy! I am praying boldness and God's favor over you!

    ReplyDelete