Thursday, July 2, 2015

A little bit of everything!

Greetings!
Well it has been a crazy couple of months! So much going on before we leave Haiti in August and a lot going on getting ready in Maryland.

I had a great time seeing all my amazing friends and family in Michigan last month! It was a bit overwhelming at times running around trying to fit everyone in my schedule, and I wished there was more time in my days to fit all the people I missed! After Michigan my travels led me on a road trip to College Park, Maryland with my parents. We were able to look at potential places for Daniel & I to live and we ended up looking at around 10 to 12 different apartments and I think 7 or 8 condos. However, there are a couple possibilities yet. I was able to spend some time yesterday in our Nation's Capital and explore. It was kinda cool to be there so close to Independence Day.

World War II Memorial in front of Washington Memorial
I'm heading back to Haiti on Saturday, and as great of a time it has been in the states, I am ready to be back with Daniel! However, I am not so sure I am ready for Haiti and it's heat. Can't wait for the day when we are both here together. My plan when I get back is to continue volunteering with Mission Aviation Fellowship for a couple weeks and pack all my things up in Haiti. On July 18, Daniel and I both fly to Norfolk, VA to meet up with my family heading south to the Outer Banks, NC for a family vacation for the week! Hopefully we won't encounter any shark attacks! After the vacation we will be driving our car up to College Park, MD for a week for Daniel to go through some orientation stuff at the school and hopefully choose what apartment we want. The hard decision comes after that, on August 3 Daniel has to go back to Haiti through August 26 to finish his job, and I need to figure out if I am going to stay here in College Park or go back to Haiti with him. It really depends on if we have an apartment here and if I have a job, then I will probably stay in Maryland.

Praises:
-Going on vacation in 16 days!!!
-Finding a couple apartment possibilities
-Having parents willing to take the time to drive you and help you with the search!
-Daniel is getting excited for his classes to start at the University of Maryland and living back in the states.

Prayers:
-Daniel and his online chemistry class. His laptop decided to stop working earlier this week and he is struggling getting his homework done and being distracted by other stuff. Once I get there, he can use mine until his gets fixed during our vacation.
-We are moving to a new apartment in Haiti that is quite a bit cheaper than where we were before, so we have to settle in when we both get back to PAP on Saturday. A friend of ours will continue living there after we leave.
-Finding the right place to live in Maryland close to the university and also that I can find a good job.
-Daniel starting full-time classes at UMD this fall.
-Spiritual strength, as we are both overwhelmed with everything going on, that we will continue to seek God through it all, in His timing and build each other up during the unknown of it all.

We are so thankful to have the support of our family and friends! Prayer is powerful and I don't even want to know where I would be without the love of God. Please continue praying for us as we are transitioning/adjusting to the current/upcoming changes. Each one of us goes through times when we cannot wait for that time of uncertainty to be over, and that is where I am now and I am not sure when it will end. However, I do know that I am ready whenever God wants to let me know. I pray that each one of you reading this will be open to whatever God wants to do in your life. Many blessings to you and your loved ones.

God Bless,
~Amy & Daniel

1 comment:

  1. Hola Amy. Thanks for the update. Come to visit us and bring Daniel

    ReplyDelete