Friday, November 2, 2012

Made it to Guatemala!!!

Hello all!

I made it to Guatemala City last night around 8pm after starting my morning at 5am in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. It was a long day of traveling but thankfully everything went as smoothly as possible. Such as, getting off and on the right buses :) I am looking forward to another week of serving God in a different country and loving the people here.

My last week and a half in Honduras was wonderful! I spent the majority of my time at Casa de Luz with the kids. We sang songs, I taught them more English words and washed dishes. Jenny and I also made them lasagna one day for lunch to see if they would eat it. The kids avoid vegetables like its poison. So we had blended all the veggies and poured them into the lasagna. When we brought out their plates of lasagna they all yelled "pizza!!!". Its actually sad, because they don't even know what pizza or lasagna are. A few of the kids wouldn't even eat it because its not Honduran food. So we gave them something else.

I have learned a lot in Honduras and I am grateful for the time I was able to spend there with Jenny and serve the people and children apart of Casa de Luz. Jenny and I were able to spend last weekend at her boss's house with her and her family. We learned how to hand make tortillas! They weren't quite as good as the Hondurans make, but for my first time, I would say they were pretty good. When I get home, I will work on putting some pictures on here for those that don't have Facebook.

Thanks again for all the prayers and support people have sent my way. I will be home a week from today and would love to share more stories and experiences, just let me know if you would like to meet up!

God Bless,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment